Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Lung Nodule 7 year old

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Lung Nodule 7 year old
Hello!

I have a 7 year old son who had flu last week.  While at ER he had a chest XRAY to rule out pneumonia. He did not have pneumonia but the ER doctor showed me his XRAY and asked if anyone had talked to us about a nodule before.  This was news to us.  He also pulled up an XRAY from October of last year (that was also done when son was sick---so about 6 months ago). The XRAY did not have the nodule but you could see a very very faint outline of something in that area and it looks like it could be the nodule forming but was not noted on that XRAY because it was not really noticeable.

Radiologist wanted a repeat XRAY 2 weeks later which we just completed today. I have been a nervous wreck and can't find much info on nodules in children. We live in S. Georgia so there is not exposure to a fungal infection, TB, etc.  He has no other diseases except allergies and food allergies and not sicknesses since October until the flu two weeks ago.

Should I be concerned and where could this have come from?

Thanks!
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker