Lung Nodules
I just had a CT of the Thorax without contrast and the results showed several nodules in the both the right and left lungs. The nodules were 2mm, 2mm, 4mm and 3mm. No adenopathy and no effusions.

I am a smoker. I have decreased my smoking to 2 cigarettes per day. Should I seek out a consultation with a pulmonologist? I understand that nodules are many times benign however, what tests/ questions should I be asking to ensure that lung cancer is ruled out?  What do these nodules represent? Could I have a current lung infection? Could these nodules be from prior bouts wth bronchitis and pneumonia? Concerned that I take the necessary steps to diagnose and rule out cancer.

Thank you
Well I have 3 lung nodules too with several small ones and my pulmonologist suggested probably its an infection since I am non smoker, but still she doesnt rule out cancer. So I am going in for a biopsy which will help in clearing what it is exactly. I should advice you to consult a pulmonary expert. I dont know whether biopsy is the only way to find out infection but it definitely is for cancer.
Since you are a smoker then you should see a pulmonologist.
I myself am confused why I have nodules.... anyways hope this helps