Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung Nodules

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Lung Nodules

my husband recently went to the ER due to trapped gas or what we thought could be a blocked intestine.  He has had a history of allergies over the years, bronchitis, stomach problems, high blood pressure, etc.    A CT scan showed slightly distended loops of jejunium with fluid levels in the left anterior abdomen which could be due to mild obstruction.   However, the gas or blockage worked itself out by the time we left the ER.  But our concern, is the CT scan also showed the following:  a 4mm subpleural nodule within the right inferior right middle lobe and a mildy enlarged heart.  So, now we are really scared & concerned.  He has an appt with his cardiologist next month and we make a quick appt with a lung specialist who said with his history, not to worry about cancer and that we would repeat the test with a ct scan in a couple of months.  We are worried to death.  My husband has never smoked, but has worked in areas with a lot of dust, etc. in the past and has also been on predisone several times for chronic bronchitis, etc.   Could this be a cause?  Do we have to worry about cancer.  My father passed away last year with lung cancer for which he did not find out until it was in the 4th stage.

This discussion is related to small lung nodules.