Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung Xray and CAT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Lung Xray and CAT

A year ago, while getting a CT scan for kidney stones, they found a growth in my lung. They did another CT of my lungs. It was an 11mm growth. My family doctor also did an xray. He said the growth could be a scar or calcium deposit and we'd 'keep an eye on it'. The xray showed, and thsi is the only way to describe it, what looked like 'spiderwebs' across the bottom of both lungs. The radiologist called it as bronchitis.

I just had another xray done last week because of some coughing and flu like symptoms. He showed me the new and the old one and they are virtually identical and he says it's nothing to worry about. I do trust him, but I get nervous.

In the past three years I've been falling apart. A spinal fusion from bone spurs pressing on my cord, nerve blocks in my lower back, holes in my retina,heart cath for 30% blockage,  yadda yada.

I'm 45. I've been smoking since I was 12. My doc had me tested and we had an interesting discussion over what the test called 'mild' emphysema. He said there is no such as 'mild'. I have chest pains. I can't do much physically that doesn't wind me completely. I also have my first child. She just turned 2. After watching my mother and all four grandparent pass from emphysema or cancer or both, I'm scared and worried about these xrays.

I'm currently on my fifth day of Chantix but it's hard for me. Are the xrays just showing the normal wear and tear they would considering my years smoking or do I need to ask him to look a little harder? Sorry if I didn't make sense here or rambled. Just nervous.