Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Lung cyst

I am 62 years old. I had pneumonia about 20 years ago and I have never smoked. I have had diabete for 17 years but almost of the time it is under control. Recently I had cough due to an allergie of a medication I was taking, but other then that I am fine, I do not feel anything. I went to the doctor and she asked me to do a tomography of my lungs and found out cyst. The doctor said it was nothing to worry just to do a follow up each 3 months. My question, are cysts type of cancer? Can it transform or change from cyst to cancer? Why I have to do a follow up each 3 months? Do I have to do this follow up forever? I am very worried. Thanks for any help.
Tags: cysts