Lung nodule idagnosis
My daughter 13 recently has had a dry cugh, weezing during exercise and shortness of breath. Our doctor ordered several tests Blood/basic pulminary in office. She diagnosed Ashma and prescribed an inhaler Proair and antibiotics Amoxacillin. After a few months her symtoms did nto go away and she started having dizzy spells. The doctor changed the priscription to Advare and prescribed a more potent antibiotic Azithromiacin and ordered a lung Xray. The xray came back with a 8 mm nodule. On our follow up appointment she advised a CT Scan which we had done today and the results came back with 2 nodules same lung. 1 5mm and the other 1 centemeter. The radiologist noted calsification on both. The person who called with the news of the CatScan sounded pretty posative about the calsification telling me it looks like Granuloma.

We also live in phoenix AZ and are awaiting a blood test for Valley Fever which is known to leave spots on the lung. Should have those back tomarrow. There also is some exposure to second hand smoke, and lung cancer history on one side of the family. Other history would include a diagnosis of Wooping cough 2 years ago.

We have an appointment in 2 1/5 weeks with a pulminary specialist. What concerns or direction should I be going in. I am very concerned about the nodules and what should be done about them.

Could you give a little advise?