Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung nodule that has grow from 2.5 to 3 cm in 6 years

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

In 2002, when I was 28 years old I had a chest x-ray which showed a 2.5 cm spot on my lung, my doctor sent me for a CT scan and after the scan he told me it was not cancer so I never thought anything else about it and no more test were done. 6 years later in 2008  when I am 34 years old,  I had another chest x-ray for a pre-employment, they informed me I had a spot on my lung, and I told them I had had it check before. I ask the size of the spot an thy said it was 3 cm. Should I be concerned that the spot has went from 2.5cm to 3.0cm in 6 years? When they measure the spot on your lungs is it an exact measurement or could it vary?

Thank,

Mike  
I MY SELF HAVEING MULTIPLE LUNG NODULES KNOW HOW YOU FEEL .BUT I HOPE YOU FOLLWED UP WITH O PULMINOLOGIST. IT COUL JUST BE A DIFFERENT VIEW FROM THE RADIOLOGIST A DIFFERNT SLICE IN THE FILMS BUT BETTER TO BE SAFE THEN SORRY GOOD LUCK   KERRI