Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Lung nodules

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Lung nodules

I have 2 nodules in lower lobes. One 5mm one 4mm. I am concerned about mets though I have no symptoms of a primary tumour elsewhere.  I am 42. I read that mets are usually in the lower lobes. I have a relear scan in 2months and Im terrified they will have grown. Is it likely to be mets with no cancer symptoms and at my age? The ct was done for rib bain and the nodules found coincidentally.I have no weight loss or fatigue. I had a ct colonoscopy 18 months ago which was fine. I have a mammogram and PAP smear in the next week but these were not specifically requested by my dr who is not concerned that the nodules could be mets.
Given the many attributes of good health that you have described, your young age and the fact that these nodules are very small (by accepted criteria) and incidental findings, the likelihood of their being metastases is very low.  I suspect that your doctor is concerned but, given the circumstances of your good health and the manner in which the nodules were discovered, I believe his/her not being worried to be appropriate.

My advice is that you and your doctor make a concerted effort to recover any and all X-rays (the films themselves and not just the reports) that you have had in the past to determine if these nodules might have been present in the distant past but so small as to not have been noted and/or reported.  Were they found on any of the old X-rays that would definitely settle the issue in your favor.

Good luck
Any advice/comments please?
I have had acid indigestion for some time. Could it be stomach cancer? Is it common at 42?