Lung pain??
Hello, I have a question about pain in the lungs. I would say about a month ago I started experiencing a sharp little pain that last about a second in my upper right lung, feels like almost the tip of it. It doesn't always happen. I may experience it probably two or three times a day maybe one day out of the week. I've never really had any respiratory problems other than asthma growing up, but I really haven't had problems with that since grade school, and I'm 21 now. Other than that just the usual problems when your sick like resp infections and mild bronchittus(spell check). Any ideas on what this could be?
It could be from a muscle spasm, or a "stitch" that causes sudden sharp pain, but resolves quickly. I bet it hurts to take deep breaths whenever that happens. Other reasons for sharp or pleuritic pain is Pleurisy (inflammation of the lining of the lungs) and costochondritis (inflammation of the ribs where they attach to the sternum). There are other reasons, but those are most common from what I understand.
I hope this helps...if it keeps up and is really painful, it never hurts to talk to a doctor.
Jenn
Thanks, but no pain breathing in at all.it's just in one little spot, like the size of a quarter is how I would describe it, but always that spot. Do you think this could have anything to do with asthma. I was told asthma sometimes reoccurs later in life.
Oh okay.....that's interesting. Sounds like it could still be muscular, or even a nerve that is pinching for some reason or another. I am no doctor though, just a former RN...If you have no other symptoms such as shortness of breath, increase coughing, etc then infection is probably not the cause; but you just never know. Asthma, same thing.....do you have a dry cough or shortness of breath at any time besides this pain? What did you feel like when your asthma was active when you were younger? You never really get rid of asthma, it may be under control for years causing no symptoms, but yes, it can flare up later in life.
If that pain is the only symptom, then I am leaning towards nerve or muscle... but like I said, I am no doctor. The best person to ask would be your physician who would  examine you and order the appropriate tests depending on what he or she suspects is the cause of your pain.
Hope this helps,
Jenn
No other symptoms. All I remember was fluid filled lungs and not being able to do physical things for a long time because of shortness of breath. I take a two mile run everyday and only have to catch my breath after I'm finished which is normal. But I will ask my physician about it.