Respiratory Disorders Community
Lung scarring on x-ray in traveling abroad

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Here in the Philippines in our job, we have our medical check-up every five months; no concerns were noted. But when I went abroad in Qatar for another work, when I had my chest x-ray, it was noted that I have lung scars. But here in Philippines nothing was noted. What possibly be the cause? I have no history of any lung diseases or cancer. What could be the treatment for this, since it is required for travel and work?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Scarring in the lungs is usually caused by old lesions which have healed. This is common with tuberculous infections and occupational lung disorders. The technique of imaging studies sometimes varies and may have gone undetected. If there are no symptoms now and if the correlating blood tests are normal, they are left alone.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.