Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
MRSA?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

MRSA?

hello, recently the doctors finnaly figured out that I had MRSA after testing for it.. I must have had it for a while because I kept getting sick for almost 2 years after I had a staph infection in my leg. Anyway, I kept getting really bad staph infections in my throat and the doc after figuring out what it was gave me minocyclin to take for a month, and to wash with phisohex and put neosporin in my nose and my family i lived with had to do this as well. After the month was up of taking the antibiotic she tested me again and the test still came back positive. So she then put me on avelox.. well once again I am sick she tested me again but the results are not in.. she told me i had two options to eitheir try getting my tonsils out but that is not a definate or for her to just give me a lifelone perscription of avelox and everytime I feel myself getting sick to take it. I have been doing research and shouldn't I be hospitalized to get rid of it because you could actually die from it and also if she gives me a lifelong perscription won't be body become immuned to it?? What do you think? Thanks!
Staph is short for Staphylococcus aureus.  This is a common bacterium that can cause a serious infection in people.  When a person
1 Comment
A related discussion, staph was started.