Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Mass in Right Lung

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Mass in Right Lung

I was just confrimed with a 3cm mass in the right lung. Afer PET scan it was assigned a rating of 1.8. I also had one paratachael lymph node light up and it was assisgned a 3.  Just had a brochcosopy (yek),needle biobsy to lymph node and they did a lavage while in there because the rt lung mass is inaccessible.  The test all came back negative. That I think is good news.  But still have the mass to contend with.  Anyone having similar situation?  The cancer fear hanging heavy here.  Any thoughts would be great.
Unfortunately the negative needle biopsy and lavage only tell that what was obtained was normal.  They do not rule-out serious disease, including cancer.  It is possible that the needle biopsy missed the specific lymph node.

Whatever is required to get tiny pieces of tissue from the mass or the lymph node, called a biopsy, must be done.  Then it can be looked at under a microscope to determine the real problem.  Talk with your doctor to see which of these would be most helpful.