Respiratory Disorders Community
Maybe it is Pleurisy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Maybe it is Pleurisy

So I looked up pleurisy because I have the same symptoms as most of you all.  I think some of us have some form of that.  I'm not sure what causes mine, but I fit the description pretty well.  I think webmd covered it the best. (http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/pleurisy-overview)

Thanks to whomever pointed that out.

I don't have the bladder issues.  I think that may be something different.  Maybe you have urinary retention.  I don't know.

This discussion is related to Ribcage pain/ diaphragm pain with deep breathing upon waking.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pleura, the lining of the chest cavity and lungs can get inflamed leading to pleuritis, causing pain with coughing. It can occur due to local causes like recurrent lung infections and sometimes due to cancer of the lungs. They can also be seen in systemic diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis and scleroderma. Only clinical correlation and other investigations besides X rays can help to narrow down the cause.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Actually, it seem the issue is GERD.  I didn't realize how much damage the disorder could do!
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

For GERD along with antacids, why don't you try life style measures? Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.