Respiratory Disorders Community
Meningitis sinus infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Meningitis sinus infection

Im pretty sure i have a sinus infection. I did a bit of research and if left untreated it will cause meningitis. But when i was younger i had a meningitis injection which prevents me from that virius. So since i have a sinus infection, will i get meningitis?
4851940_tn?1385441629
Meningitis can be caused by viral or bacterial infections.

If you have a sinus infection, the doctor may prescribe an antibiotic if he feels this is caused by a bacteria.  Antibiotics do not help viral infections.

What you need to do to help yourself is to do steam inhalations.  Get a bowl of hot water and put some Vick or Olbas oil in.  Bend your head over the bowel and cover your head and the bowl with a towel.  Breathe in the steam for 10 minutes.  Do this 4 times a day for a duration of 10 minutes each time.  Be careful not to get scalded.  This was my doctor's advice to me, because I cannot take decongestant medications.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank