Misdiagnosed COPD?
Is it possible to be misdiagnosed with COPD if person is recovering from a "chest cold" at time of the X-Ray?
yes i was mis diagnosed myself a few yrs ago . doc thought it was either copd or asthma  but come to find out it was an upper resp. infection with bronch. i went wks and wks on inhalers after inhaler, prednazone , which in fact i needed antibiotics . how i found out is i went to the E.R.  and they told me , then i scheduled myself an apt with a pulmonary doc. and he said he didnt see any indacation of asthma or copd ! I would get a second opinion if i were you !
Thanks for the input.  My MD put me on Spiriva, and during the summer I experienced what felt like about 2/3 lung capacity.  Symptoms improved when I went to the coast to get some "clean" air.  When I got back to the valley I had a lung function test conducted, and the MD said Spiriva was not medically indicated.  So now I'm not sure if I actually have COPD or not.  Will take your advice and get a second opinion.