Respiratory Disorders Community
Morning Bloody Phlegm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Morning Bloody Phlegm

I started coughing Saturday, February sixth.  Felt like typical coughing but it started getting bad on Monday, the eighth.  Tuesday morning i started coughing up blood, looked clotted.. it was darker.  Well, a week later, today i still am coughing up blood in the morning.  It actually has had some bright, fresh, blood in it but it isn't in that big of quantities.  It's the sixteenth and i've been wheezy since the eighth.  I no longer have a family doctor and lost my job over three months ago now.. Should i go to emergency??  Doctor dropped me cause i took longer than a year to get a check up and NO ONE is taking new uninsured patients.  I'm just frustrated and my throat feels like it's on fire.  I only have used cough drops to try and soothe my throat enough to try and sleep but been using mucinex/expectorant the whole time.  I have had some chest pain and throat pain accompanied by headache/pressure.  Nasal congestion just started a couple days ago.  Should i ride it out, am i missing something that would help???  
my disorder started out like that. It's call "Fibrosing Mediastinitis". I believe it will work itself out. It is caused by a fungus. If it is the same there will be scarring of the lung tissue. I developed asthma from my experience. However my case is different. A lymph node calcified against my windpipe causeing the artery going into my right lung to be cut off. I am learning how to live with that. I control my asthma symptoms with natural remedies, so no drug expense. It took like two months for my body to fight off what this fungus was doing. The bleeding finally stopped after this time. Hope this helps. Feel free to ask me anything if you want. fthflyurs
THE DR TOLD ME THAT MY RIGHT PULMONARY ARTERY HAS SHUT OFF AND THINKS IT FROM THIS FUNGUS . DID THEY GIVE YOU A PROGNOSIS ? WHY ARE YOU NOT ON ANY MEDS .
WHO DX YOUR CONDITION AND HOW ? SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS
You need to see a doctor.  Since you don't have insurance, go to the ER.  They can't refuse you treatment.