Mucous in soft palate
When I go to bed at night I lay on my back and as soon as my head hits the pillow I will have an accumulation of mucous seeming to be coming from the nose collecting in the soft palate area behind the nose.  It is so irritating and I have to constantly clear my throat and try to bring the mucous down.  I have stiffness in the back of my head and neck.  I constantly feel like the soft palate is filling up with mucous.  Could this be some sort of sinus drainage and what over the counter medication can I take?  I am without health insurance.  Antihistamines do not work and seem to make it worse in the long run.  I have  tried sinus irrigations (neti pot) and that does not work either.  This is affecting my sleep.  Help!

This discussion is related to Constant mucus drainage leads to upset stomach/loss of appetite?.
Ihave the same problem. If you get any answers, please let me know. ***@****
I have the same thing....Did you ever find out what it is?  Mine feels like there are hard clumps after a few hours of sleep.