Respiratory Disorders Community
Mucus in Throat, but only at night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Mucus in Throat, but only at night

This is my first post here, forgive me if I don't follow protocol.  I will feel fine, right up until bedtime.  As soon as I lay down and turn out the lights, my throat get all "thick" with excess mucus, and starts to narrow with it.  Soon, I'm just flooded with mucus, and I have to keep a spit cup by the bed to get rid of it in.  Now, I've recently had a "tickle" at the back of my throat, and I have a non-productive cough along with the mucus.  Needless to say, I'm not getting a lot of sleep, and I'm beginning to disturb my husband as well.

It doesn't feel like allergies, because my head is perfectly clear during the day.  I welcome anyone who has the same or similar symptoms.

SueSeeCue