Respiratory Disorders Community
Nasal Pain and Sensitivity?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nasal Pain and Sensitivity?

I'm not sure how to explain this.. I've never had allergies, or sinus headaches and issues... but over the past month my nasal passage has been painful.  But, when I say painful, it's more sensitivity then pain.  It feels like air is too cold to breath through my nose. To try to alleviate this, I sometimes put my hand or cloth over my nose (but it doesn't really help, gives me the illusion perhaps).  I don't have headaches, nor do I feel any pressure in the typical sinus spots (under eyes, around nose, etc.).  My nose feels like it's running more then it should, yet I don't have a cold.  There is no cough, asthma or other issues related.  It just seems to be my nasal passage.  The first time I experienced this, I actually had a tear duct infection (the doctor thought) but that went away with antibiotics and has been gone for months, so I don't think it's related.  I'm just not sure what to do and I can't seem to find anyone that can relate to the specific symptons of my nasal passage being so irritated and sensitive.  And, it feels worse at night when I'm in my bedroom.  We use oil heat, so the house doesn't have forced dry air.  I appreciate ANY advice or thoughts!
Tags: nasal, Pain, sensitivity, help