Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Nasal Passages always feeling swollen
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nasal Passages always feeling swollen

Hi there,

Anything you can recommend or am I whining about nothing?

When I was 22 I broke my nose, and didnt do anything about it, until 5 years later, when I was having difficulty breathing through my nose.  The ENT consultant said that I had experienced a rather nasty break of the bridge of the nose.  With one side looking like a stair case and the other side just not looking right at all.  Anyway after an operation, where they chipped some of the bone away and cleaned out the nasal passages, it was fine.  I am now 36 and I have started to have the same problems arise, My body mass is now 70lbs heavier, although only having 20% body fat, I was a bodybuilder for 5 years, so the majority of the extra weight is muscle mass.  Could the same medical problems re-occur? (I realise that is a, "how long is a piece string"? question) for any reason at all? No matter what I do, health and fitness wise, nothing helps.  And if I go into hot environments such as, steam rooms or the sauna at the gym, my nose completely feels blocked.  In a nutshell my nasal passages, are constantly feeling swollen.

Regards,

Conrad J moore