Neck hurts when smoking
Hi, I didn't quite know what place to post this question, as I didn't find a forum specifically for neck pain and I assumed people knowledgable about breathing and resperiatory functions would be knowledgable about smoking and the damage it can do.

Recently, when I smoke a cigarette I have a pain in the left side of my neck (kind of close to where your pulse is) that persists for about an hour or so when I smoke a cigarette. I often also get a pain in the back of the upper part of my left arm.

I have recently gone a few days without smoking and the pain has subsided but I would certaintly like to know if there was a reason for it and if there is some kind of permanent damage that has been done. My family is very very poor and broke and we cannot afford to go to the doctor and medicaid keeps giving me the run-around so I thought I would come here to post my question. Any help anyone could give me would be very much appreciated.