Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Need Help with CT Scan Results
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Need Help with CT Scan Results

Hi. I'm a 39yo male who just had a CT scan for digestive issues and they found some "noncalcified nodules" in my lungs. My doctor kind of blew it off and said we will re-scan in 6 months, but I'm an extreme worried-wart and need to know what this all means. My report reads as follows:
1)Within the lingula there is a 2mm noncalcified ppulmonary nodule seen within the periphery of the lung fields
2)Within the right lower lobe there is a 3mm noncalcified pulmonary nodule noted.
3)There is bibasilar atelectatic changes.
4)There is no pleural effusion or hilar adenopathy.
Could you please be so kind as to shed some light on this inform for me. I'm a relatively healthy individual. I've had sinus cold and sore throat for 2 months now and just yesterday my dr noted some "crackling" in my lungs and put me on antibiotics. One of the things that scares me is that I had a potential HIV exposure 9 weeks ago and am waiting to get tested.
Please help put my mind at ease.
Thank You for you time.