New frequent breathing problem
My girlfriend last week complained of her throat closing up and being unable to breathe just while sitting on the settee watching TV. Since that occasion it's started happening pretty much daily where she feels like there's 'no air' in the room and finds it hard to breathe. Sometimes she'll also start to feel a bit dizzy and tends to panic but can still talk ok. It's not associated with any exercise, we went out on Monday and were very active and she was fine. It tends to just come on when we're at home and not doing anything stressful. She does suffer from OCD, anxiety and panic attacks but she says it's not like when she has her panic attacks and there's not thinking of anything stressful or worrying when it happens, it's very random. She doesn't think anything has changed in her diet or behaviour.
No blueness of the lips or sharp pains at all.
Any ideas at all on what it might be?
Any help or suggestions much appreciated.
I have exactly the same problem..I feel difficulty in breathing and I feel my throat gets tight..I have this problem since january 2008 and I am not getting any help from the doctors..the dicciculty in breathing is not accompained with heartburn..though I have gerd..any idea?
I feel the exact same way as that, only, my attacks are always happening after eating.  If you do go to get allergies tested, be sure to ask for the RAST or ELISA test, as skin tests are not reliable (although they will tell you they are) Like the above person, i am not getting any help either, be prepared to go to ALOT of docs and have them all tell you youre nuts!  I too, like your g/f also suffer from panic attacks, so justy make sure when going to a doc (a diff. one if possible than her regular) do NOT tell them you suffer from panic attacks or they will just automatically assume EVERY time that you are crazy and evertyhing that happens to you is all related to panic attacks.