Respiratory Disorders Community
Nighttime congestion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nighttime congestion

I have been having nighttime congestion for a little over a week.  I am totally fine all day and night until bedtime.  I congest up, and occasionally have greenish sputum(but not always).  
I get to the point where I can't get a preoper ful breath.  Sleeplessness.  
No chest pain, no hypertension.  Although I have recently had a sinus infection.  I have had 10 days of AMOX CLAV 875 mg 2 daily for 10 days.  Still congested.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have the same almost exact problem; have you had any luck yet with it?
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
Sounds like you have pneumonia. If I was at Las Vegas, I'd bet my airplane on it. I suspect the AMOX is not doing any good if you still have the problem. Suggest your physician prescribe Cipro.
Blank
90270_tn?1199338069
  What I would do is go back to your doctor, perhaps have more tests regarding your sinuses or lungs depending on what he or she finds during your exam...perhaps get a culture  to see if indeed that is the right antibiotic to treat that particular infection. This sinuses could be dripping back into your throat, causing the congestion. Whatever the cause for your continued problems, your doc needs to be contacted so that the proper tests can be run. Make sure he or she does a culture of your sputum to see what is growing in there. A culture also provides invaluble information regarding what kind of antibiotics that would be most effective in treating the infection. It sounds like the Augmentin didn't do a very thorough job in clearing your sinusitis. Hopefully you get some relief and answers soon...Sunny.
Blank
144586_tn?1284669764
A culture would be appropriate, but in many of todays hospitals they just don't do them. Or at least not without a lot of pushing and shoving. It would great if we would go back to the old ways sometimes, which were not necessarily  bad ways.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...