Respiratory Disorders Community
Nodule, representing intra-pulmonary lymph node
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nodule, representing intra-pulmonary lymph node

I recent had a CT scan only because my Mom recently passed away from lung cancer (a long time smoker).  The findings were:  "Small nodule in the right middle lobe adjacent to minor fissure, likely representing a intrapulmonary lumph node. Some scarring at the apices, greater on the right."

I can't see my doctor until 2-11.13......does anyone have any idea what this means at all?

Many Thanks
Leanne
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The scarring in the apical segment of the lungs can be healed lesions caused due to an infection or inflammation. Tuberculosis is a chronic infection, which usually affects the apical portion of the lungs. The nodule as mentioned could be a lymph node. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. Nodules can also be seen in systemic diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, sarcoidosis and scleroderma. Further evaluation will be based on whether the nodule is changing in size and systemic symptoms. A PET scan and biopsy may help in evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank