Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Nose Operation Gone Wrong? Maybe?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Nose Operation Gone Wrong? Maybe?

10 years ago i had an operation in Germany in my nose because i couldn't hear properly and the doctors said they had to do a operation on my nose to make it better but i think their surgery went wrong because after the operation (about 2 mins after) a blood bubble was formed in my throat or nose (i cant remember clearly) i couldn't breathe so the doctor rushed and popped it and all the blood went into my stomach which i then threw up. After that my nose takes in a lot of air, it goes straight into my lungs and dosent filter like my right nose (not operated) can you please tell me what is wrong. is it alright if this happens.
Hope you understand sorry i dont remember all of it but this is what i remember. Thank you, and please answer
It sounds like you did have blood collect in your throat right after the surgery and that, by draining the blood, your doctors did the right thing.  Your description also suggests that air flows freely through the left side of your nose.  That means that whatever was obstructing that left nostril was also removed.  What was removed could have been polyps, turbinates (normal anatomical structures in everyone’s nose) and/or the mucous membrane that (along with the turbinates) functions as a filter.  Whatever might have been removed cannot be replaced.

A real possibility is also that something may be blocking your right nostril and it could even be a deviated nasal septum (the normal wall between the two sides).  That could be confirmed by ENT examination and if obstructed and if relieved might serve to improve your breathing.

Good luck