Respiratory Disorders Community
Nose odor ... originating from the lungs?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

A year ago, I started getting this really bad odor out of my nose. I first smelled it when I was resting my head on my arm so my nose was against my hand. At first I thought it was someone else but people around me (those who sat next to me) started covering their noses everytime they sat next to me. I thought it had something to do with my nose like an infection or something but my CT scan showed they were clear.

Since I started having this odor, I've noticed my chest has been feeling quite heavy & i have difficulty inhaling deeply. I also don't take a poo everyday like i know im supposed to & i eat quite a lot even though i'm not overweight. I just want to know if the odor is coming from my lungs... & what can I do to get rid of it? I really want to be able to get 'close' to people again ... this odor has really been ruining my life!

Please anyone .... THANK YOU!
Tags: odor, nose, lungs
One of the causes of the poo smell is an anaerobic bacterial infection of the upper sinuses.  You can experience it with no other sinusitis symptoms, so it won't show up on a scan.  If it is this kind of problem, here is the cure.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over, preferably in a shower, but you can do it outside on soft ground.  If you do it, and succeed, continue to flush for at least 3 days after the smell goes away, or it can grow back.

It could also be coming from the lungs, or it could be a related infection.  I don't know much about that, but if you want some information about how it could work, find The Ultramind Solution by Dr. Mark Hyman MD, which will at least give some insight, or perhaps a treatment,