Respiratory Disorders Community
Not enough oxygen to the brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Not enough oxygen to the brain

I feel like I am not getting enough oxygen to the brain, and I am tired all the time, and I can't focus and concentrate. I feel like my brain is just wondering, and I have make myself snap out of thinking so hard, and then I have to take a deep breath, and I can't because my lungs feel swollen and I have to turn on a fan or go outside to get air to my brain, my brain feels like its suffocating.

I do have severe asthma, and I take advair, and xopenex inhaler and I have a nubalizer machine also. Is all of these related to my brain problem?

This discussion is related to Oxygen not reaching the brain.
  • brain stem bleed (1 replies):
    my father has a brain stroke and led to brain stem bleed...[more]
  • Allergies?
    I am a hockey player and am 17 years old. Every fall th...[more]
  • Sleep apnea
    Hello. I have allergies, have had psychosis episod...[more]
  • brain
    hello my mom is 74 she went in to the emergency room she...[more]
  • Answer (1 replies):
    A Vicious Cycle Severe anxiety is one of the leading ca...[more]
Avatar n tn
it could be your carbon dioxide, that will make you tired i had those symptoms, get your doc to get a check up to see if you are retaining to much carbon dioxide.
Avatar n tn
I get this too.  I also have asthma and sometimes have a hard time concentrating, feeling like my brain doesn't have enough oxygen.  I usually try to take long deep breaths, instead of short, fast ones.  I also need to take a walk outside, or at least turn my chair facing the window and just concentrate on my breathing, to help refocus.