Respiratory Disorders Community
Not enough oxygen to the brain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Not enough oxygen to the brain

I feel like I am not getting enough oxygen to the brain, and I am tired all the time, and I can't focus and concentrate. I feel like my brain is just wondering, and I have make myself snap out of thinking so hard, and then I have to take a deep breath, and I can't because my lungs feel swollen and I have to turn on a fan or go outside to get air to my brain, my brain feels like its suffocating.

I do have severe asthma, and I take advair, and xopenex inhaler and I have a nubalizer machine also. Is all of these related to my brain problem?

This discussion is related to Oxygen not reaching the brain.
it could be your carbon dioxide, that will make you tired i had those symptoms, get your doc to get a check up to see if you are retaining to much carbon dioxide.
I get this too.  I also have asthma and sometimes have a hard time concentrating, feeling like my brain doesn't have enough oxygen.  I usually try to take long deep breaths, instead of short, fast ones.  I also need to take a walk outside, or at least turn my chair facing the window and just concentrate on my breathing, to help refocus.