Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Not getting a full breath

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Not getting a full breath

Hi, up to a year ago I played football or golf everyday and felt totally fit. Then I had a small drop of blood in my urine and was told it was an UTI and was given antibiotics, end of!!! About a month after that I had the feeling that my insides were going to explode and was told I had a kidney infection, again antibiotics but I have not fully recovered since! I now get random pains in my sides and sometimes I don't get enough air when I take a breath then I have to yawn a few times to get that full breath!! I have had MRI scans on my kidneys and chest/lungs and have been told everything is fine but I can't keep feeling like I'm not getting a full breath! I have stopped playing football and am only 33 and I'm wasting my life away! Please help advise??
That you “have had MRI scans on my kidneys and chest/lungs and have been told everything is fine.”  It would be reasonable to now to have pulmonary function tests (PFT’s) performed, as you could for example have asthma and, at the same time have normal MRI’s and X-rays.  If your breathing test (performed before and after the administration of a bronchodilator) are normal, you might be suffering from anxiety.  That would not be surprising following symptoms that have disrupted your life and challenged the belief that you are a healthy man.  The odds that you are a healthy man are very good.

Good luck