Respiratory Disorders Community
Old Granulomatous Disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Old Granulomatous Disease

I had a chest X-ray as a routine exam and the doc found a dark spot on a lung which led him to send me to a CT scan. the findings of the CT scan listed my condition as having a 7mm calcified nodule and calcified lymph nodes in one lung which was most consistent with old granulomatous disease along with a 3mm soft tissue nodule in my other lung. I am scheduled to see a pulmanologist for further study but i wish to know if this is something serious or not as the trip to see him will be over a month away. With that my grandfather currently has pulmonary fibrosis and I am wondering if this is a pre-stage to that?