Respiratory Disorders Community
One month old congestion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Cindy
I can only imagine how hard a time it is for you.
I am a survivor of ARDS. It's over 3 years now. I spent a month in ICU on a ventilator, another month in hospital and 2 more months getting strong enough to return to work. I was 48 at the time. My son and my mother must have been going through a lot of what you are going through now. I wish they had access, at the time, to the support group for families of ARDS patients: see
http://www.ards.org/.
It is a wonderful site that I found after I got better. I hope your son will be OK. I'm writing this to let you know that while ARDS is a very serious illness, people like me do survive. The loving prayers of friends and family I feel helped me to pull through.
Best wishes

Jenni2002
I hope your son will be alright. A woman on the prayer list at our church had that and hung in the balance for several months, and it looked hopeless, but she came through it and gradually recovered. Also, there was an article in readers digest about someone with that, again looked hopeless, but they tried a radical new treatment and it worked. Don't remember what that treatment was, but it was in Reader's Digest, I believe a recent one.

One month old congestion

I have a one month old baby, that since he was about a week hold, has sounded congested.  This is only at night and in the mornings.  By about 9:00am he seems to clear up.  His nose is never runny and when we try to clean his nose with bulb siringe there is nothing there.  He also sneezes alot.  Could this just be allergies or something more serious?