Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
One year old sleep

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

One year old sleep

Hi I have a one year old son that I feel have sleep problems. We took him to the doctor they did a test on him overnight. The doctor just said that he snores. When I look at him sleep( I don't know if I'm saying it right) right in the middle of his throught it sinks in when he is inhaling. It does that for a while then his stomach dosn't move for a couple of seconds. Then he start back breathing that way again. I really need help with this. I'm afraid that there is truely something wrong and the doc. is not listening.
The best option for you is to  speak with someone at a Children’s Hospital that is near you and to describe what you have been observing.  They may need to perform an evaluation of the sleep patterns of your child.  Because of the possibility of this being a significant problem, you should do this soon and not wait.  It may be normal, but it is not possible to evaluate in an email.