Organ donor
If I have sarcoidosis, can I still be an organ donor? To date, the only organ affected by the sarcoid has been my lungs.
I am sorry i can not comment on you question.  So sorry to hear you have sarcoidosis. I was wandering if you could help me a bit?  I was just wandering how you got your sarcoidosis? If it may be from smoking or from air pollution etc...  Right now i am trying to find out if nodules on my lungs are from RA, or if it may be sarcoidosis.  I am a smoker, so either is possible.  Thanks for you help. I will be  watching for the answer of your question as well, i would also like to know the same thing as you.  ty so much Sher
I found an excellent site with information on sarcoidosis, but couldn't find the answer to your organ donor question. If no one here knows the answer, here is a link to more info and some support groups:

http://www.stopsarcoidosis.org/sarcoidosis/faq.htm
I believe you can still be listed as an organ donor, I would contact the UNOS for more information. I am listed as a donor even though I have CF and other issues. They can still use my skin and bone as far as I know. The way I look at it, it doesn't hurt to become a donor just in case they are able to use other parts of your body. I hope this helps...Sunny