Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Oxygen Level

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Oxygen Level

I had hernia repair surgery on the 12th of june, in the recovery room I had a problem and they had to do a rapid recovery on me along with a narcan shot and they had to put a breathing tube down my nose.  They had to breath for me for at lest 5 minutes.  I had to go to ICU where I found out that I had MRSA in my nose.  I was in the ICU for 2 day and the Hospital for 5 days.  My o2 sat was 88 on 2L of oxygen the whole time.  The day I was trying to get out they had me walk around the nurses station 2 times and checked my 02 and it was 92 so they released me, since then I have been back to the doctor in my home town and to the lung specialist and had some tests performed by a cardiologist.  My o2 sat is around 90 while I am sitting but it drops to the low 80's when I get up and walk.  On the 12 of june my blood gases were as follows.
pH           7.23
PCO2      59.0
PO2        131.
HCO3       23.8
tCO2(P)    58
ABE         -4.3
02 SAT     99.1
FIO2         (a)
tHb           13.4

NOTES:   (a) 95% Ambu Mask.

My doctor is trying to get me an appointment with National Jewish Health as soon as possible but we are not having any luck.  
For these blood gas values to be correct you must be on oxygen.  If you are not on oxygen, these results are erroneous.  If you are on continuous oxygen and the values are correct, you are in chronic respiratory failure and should be seen by your lung specialist as soon as possible, to be sure that your respiratory failure is chronic, the result of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or another chronic lung disease, and is not worsening.
I have had a moniter to check my levels for the last week.  While I am resting my o2 level is 82-82 with a heart rate of 60-62.