Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Oxygen not reaching the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Oxygen not reaching the brain
I was just informed that my father was taken to the hospital and they said hardly any oxygen is reaching his brain, but vital sgns are good, Can you tell me what this might be?
If the vital signs are truly "good", that suggests good cardio-respiratory function.  That is, it suggests that the lungs are working and that oxygen is getting into the blood.  If then, oxygen is not reaching the brain, it is probably because of reduced circulation to the brain.  Please contact your father's physician and ask the physician to explain further.
A related discussion, Not enough oxygen to the brain was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker