Respiratory Disorders Community
PTB of undetermined activity
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PTB of undetermined activity

Hello! My husband is an occasional smoker and even though he doesn't have asthma his family has a history of it. He recently went to a doctor because he easily gets tired but he seldom get sick. He was asked to have an xray  done. The first result there was a suspicious density in both of his apices. He was referred to get an apical series xray. It confirms the presence of minimal fibrohazed densities in both apices presumably due to PTB of undetermined activity. He went to Pre-medication FVC tests. Interpretation is Mild Restriction. What does it mean? I'm worried sick because we have a 13 year old daughter that has asthma and I'm asthmatic, too. Thank you very much!
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
4250330_tn?1388624779
IM NOT REALLY SURE.. HAVE YOU TRIED OTHER WEBSITES ?
Blank
4464983_tn?1355002018
The restriction in FVC tests is probably because of his past TB. If he doesn't have cough at the moment and especially productive cough , or malaise or fever, no need to worry for your chlildren. In case he has the above symptoms he should have sputum examinations for TB in order to exclude a reactivation of the disease.

Hope that helped!!!
Blank
I've been searching but I don't get a clear answer.  The doctor is not available until Friday. I'm just worried with the results. Thanks!
Blank
He doesn't have any history of TB or any diseases. He is in good shape and rarely get sick in a year not even cough or a simple colds. That's why I was shocked to see results.  Maybe it's because of his smoking.  I'm thinking of Emphysema not TB. I hope it's neither of the two. They say that there's this inactive TB that we may have acquire in our body in the past. Thank you so much for your help.  
Blank
4464983_tn?1355002018
Most of the times the TB is acquired and we do not even know that we have been ill because of primary TB. This is very common. He can have a Mantoux test, a little prick in his arm, and probable is going to be positive!
Blank
Thanks for the info. We're still for his doctor's appointment on Friday. I hope that it's nothing serious and it can be cured asap. I can't wait till this weekend.  :(
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...