Pain below underarm after chronic cough
I had a cough for about two months, which has subsided after treatment.  While the cough lasted i got a pain under my right breast extending to the area below my right underarm.  At first it felt like a muscular sprain, it hurt to breathe in deeply, move in certain ways, etc.  The pain has gone away, but at night when i sleep on my right side and then move i get this stinging/burning pain that wakes me.  I also have less sensation to touch in the area.  What could it be and how can i get it better?
Hi, probably you have developed pleuritis due to lung infection. Try, anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen, diclofenac etc for 5 days. If no improvement is seen, do consult doctor for examination and investigations.

Also, use rib belt throughout the day.

Have a nice day!
I had some of the sames symptons you have, and i was told i have Costochondritis; you may want to check into it if you don't get better. Good Luck.
Hi, costochondritis is cartilage damage at junction of rib and breast bone. Pain is usually felt front of the chest near sternum. Still, treatment remains the same, for costochondritis anti inflammatory drugs or pain killers are prescribed along with hot compressions.