Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Pain by my rib cage and lungs

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Pain by my rib cage and lungs
I have been to the hospital for having pains. its difficult to describe where the pain is so bare with me. ok it's on my left side just below my breasts, by my rib cage.. well i have been having these pains. it's a tightening feeling. it hurts more after i eat or if i'm doing alot of walking around. I went to the hospital for it and they said it could just be a inflammed muscle because there is nothing there. I had gall bladder surgery several years ago and the pains are just like when i had gall stones but on the left side. I was given naproxen but after 2 months later I am still having these pains. they come and go. can you help me?
Pain, as you have described, can be from muscle, nerve, rib, the lungs and the lining of the lungs.  Sometimes a good physical examination can help in deciding which of these is causing the problem.  Sometimes, other tests are needed to differentiate the cause of the pain.  I would speak to your doctor about the process of determining the cause of the pain.
Consider costochondritis as the diagnosis, especially since the left side just below your breast is one of the chief presenting symptoms.  

I hope you feel better soon.
A related discussion, moving pain was started.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker