Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Pain in/behind left breast tight back muscles to left of spine

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

I am a 22 year old female who is in fairly good shape. For about a year now i have had trouble taking deep breaths. My back & shoulder muscles are very tight, only to the left of my spine, and it seems related to the breathing problem. In the last few months i have also developed a pain in or behind my left breast which happens usually when i do actually get a good deep breath. Many times, i also feel like i need to yawn and am unable to produce one. Exercise seems to have no effect, positive or negative, on any of my symptoms as i tend to do about 45 minutes of cardio and 45 weight training 4-5 days a week. I had a chest x-ray yesterday and my doctor said it was "beautiful." He ordered a D-Dimer test which i have not recieved the results for yet. Do you think it could be blood or lung clots? Do you have any other ideas?
This sounds like chronic anxiety and/or muscle spasm.  In no way does it suggest lung disease, including clots to the lungs.  Before coming to this conclusion it is always important to first be sure there are no health problems causing your symptoms.  So it is good that you have had a
1 Comment
A related discussion, Could she need a rib adjustment? was started.
A related discussion, breast and back pain was started.