Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Pain in my right lung...
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain in my right lung...

I have been smoking Marijuana for a few years. Sometimes, I have smoked 2 or 3 times per day. I developed pain in my right lung, and some muscle hardness right below my chest cage on the right side of my body, close to the center. It's not severe, but it worries me, and if I smoke now, the pain returns to my lung. At one point it felt as if my lung collapsed and I had difficulty breathing. Is this just too much smoke??? Or is it something more serious?

- I have had no coughing spells.
- Some dizziness.
- Pain in my right lung.
- Muscle hardness on right side.

Peace.
Mindriot
Related Discussions
251132_tn?1198082422
The symptoms could be just from the smoke, but we shouldn't assume that.  The smoke can irritate not only your lung but also the membrane that surrounds the lung, called the pleura.  It is the site of pleurisy.  In any event, you should stop smoking Marijuana, before you permanently damage your lungs.  You should have a careful examination of your chest by your doctor and a chest x-ray.
3 Comments
Blank
Thank you. I am going to have a chest exam and x-ray done shortly. All the best.
Blank
i got the same pain in my right lung - it feels like it anyway.  At least yours is at the stage where it goes away.  i remember it used to go away for me but then come back when i smoked.  Now it's with me all the time & getting much worse.  

i'm sure your xray will be clear. but that doesn't mean that it wasn't heading somewhere nasty.  if you feel pain then you're halfway there aren't you?!!

If you want to be stoned, eat it in yogurt or take it in coffee - that way you can let your lungs heal.

If it's any consolation, i smoked alot more joints a day than that in my time - even stayed up many a night.  Protect your lungs while you still have the chance & don't use the doctor's advice of telling you that you're ok, fool you into thinking that you can still smoke.  Heed the warning signs!
Blank
A related discussion, Right lung muscles pain was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Right lung muscles pain was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker