Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Persistant Cough and sore throat

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Persistant Cough and sore throat

I have been having a persistant cough and sore throat for close to 4 months now. the first time my doctor diagnised it as a throat infection and put me on antibiotic amoxycilin for 10 days.. It did not help me and my cold got worse with yellow flum.he said it might be a severe infection and gave me biaxin for another 10 days...... my infection was gone but i continued to have persistant cough and while mucus coming out every now and then.... and my doctor said it will be a while before the cough stops. and also b'coz i take train to work, being exposed to cold weather inthe morning was consisdered a factor for the persistant cough and the white flum.
again 3 weeks back i developed sore throat, cold, fever and rushed to the doctor. he put me on doxycillin for 10 days.
I'm still not completely cured of the cold, cough or and sore throat....... I continue to get the yellow flum when i cough every now and then.. my throat irritates me a lot......
I'm looking for some help to cure this
Thanks in advance

Ana
There are several possible reasons for the symptoms you have described. One common cause is a chronic sinus infection. It comes on just as a cold and lasts quite a while. It comes and goes and needs a prolonged course of antibiotics to get it resolved. An important test to make the diagnosis of sinusitis is a sinus CT scan. A sinus x-ray is not quite as good, but it
1 Comment