Phlegm after extreme physical activity
I am a 23 year old male, pretty active in extreme sports (snow skiing, wakeboarding, scuba diving, etc..).  I could be in better shape, but don't consider myself out of shape.  Never smoked, and have no allergies or other known health issues.

I have noticed after doing some extreme physical activities that at the end of the day I feel like my lungs are full of Phlegm.  Coughing helps discharge it over a day or two, but throughout the day I have less of an ability to breath fully.  The sport which i notice it in is during snow skiing (which includes high altitude hiking, as I often venture into back country areas to advanced terrain).

When i was younger i used to get shortness of breath during power skating, and was given a couple of puffers to help out.  Since then I have never really had much problem, unless I push myself to the extreme with the high elevation back country skiing.

Would this most likely be an issue with me needing to get acclimatized and get in better shape, or could this be a cold activity induced form of asthma or other breathing condition?

Thanks for any input.