Respiratory Disorders Community
Please Help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Please Help!

Please let me know if anyone has an ideas..I had a deviated septum corrected and turbinate reductions done back at the end of August 2009 and still have daily problems. Surgery was in late August...infections and inflammation were very bad for 2 months minimum. Ended up with a Septal Perforation after surgery that the ENT says should cause me no problems. Went through Amoxicillin, Augmentin, Prednisone without any effect on the infections...ENT took a culture at 6 weeks past surgery and found it was staph so I did several weeks of 3 X per day rinses of powdered Mupirocin and Fluticonase mixed in with a saline rinse through a Neilmed Rinse bottle. This helped somewhat..I had really bad burning issues on the Mupirocin/Fluticonase rinses. About October I noticed a tingle one day in my forehead for just a few seconds...then again the next day for just a few seconds...these tingles or funny feelings in my forehead gradually increased until they were daily. I still have these tingles (like your scalp crawling but in the forehead) in February 2010 as well as some soreness across the bridge of my nose..now 5 months past surgery. The condition seems to intensify in the late afternoon and after I exercise. For the last 28 days I had been on Bactrim DS and had just finished these up last week. Just a few days after finishing bactrim..it now is starting to feel bad again. On a couple of days a week I will throw up mucus in the morning that I have swallowed..the mucus upsets my stomach and a shower and brushing my teeth will start the vomiting. I have visited with the ENT..she did allergy testing for inhalants (grass, trees, pollen, mold, pet dander, etc) and all came back negative. She did a Cat Scan of my sinuses and they all look good but had some inflamation (inflammation) on left side (maxillary..i think)..that she said could have been from mucus when I laid down for the CAT scan. She also cultured some crust/mucus from one side but haven't heard back from that. She is having me try Lyrica to see if it could be some sort of Nerve problem from the surgery or afterwards. I haven't started this as of yet..she didn't put a qty on it and didn't get back to the pharmacy on Friday so I don't have this yet to try. She doesn't think it will work though..and that I may need to see a Neurologist. Has anyone had these experiences after Endoscopic sinus Surgery??  any ideas...I've felt crappy for 5 months now and don't see the end in sight