Please help! Burning Sensation In Center of Chest for 4 weeks
I am seeking advice about symptoms I've been experiencing.  I have lots of heaviness/tightness in my chest....especially when i sit with good posture so most times I have to slouch to feel better.  I sometimes feel short of breath as well.  This has been going on or about 4 weeks now.  During this time period, I have been developing a terrible burning sensation when i poke my chest out or take a deep breath.  It's as if the air i take in is irritating the inside.  I went to urgent care and they did a chest x-ray and EKG and everything looked normal and told me to take an anti-imflammatory for chostochondritis.  I went to my GP twice and she agreed with the diagnsos and believes a lot of this is anxiety related.

the symptoms are real....and sometimes the chest is so heavy i feel pretty awful and my only relief is to lie down and rest.  i want to ensure that i'm not missing any respiratory infections or something else that needs to be addressed.

I am 32 and a non-smoker in excellent health.  i had a baby about 4 months ago and experienced lots of shortness of breath towards the end of the pregnancy which i figured was normal.  i don't have a cough or any cold/flu symptoms so all of this is very strange.  my left tonsil is also very swollen.  i mentioned this to my GP, but she didn't really acknowledge it.

any thoughts on what I should explore?  I think i want to go to another doctor for another opinion.  Thanks so much!