Respiratory Disorders Community
Please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Please help

Hello. For the past week, I've had coughing, sore throat, headache. But the past two days, I've had chest pain that radiates to my back. Yesterday and today its gotten worse and now hurts to take a full breath. I'm also very congested and don't have much of an appetite let alone my usual energy. I'm also very tried.  Please help. My husband is taking me to an 24 hour emergency clinic tomorrow but I want to know if we should go to the er tonight or wait?
What's the difference between going to the emergency clinic and ER?  Both sound like they are open for "walk-in" emergencies.  I'd take the clinic first as I assume it is less expensive - of course if you have insurance it may not make much of a difference.

I reserve ER visits (and we've made a few for my wife) for what appears to be life threatening or have a high level of pain.  So, if you have having problems breathing the question is does the pain or threat of sufficating demand immediate medical attention.

There are other reasons of course, but the above are examples of how I think, they are not a consensus view nor a medical opinion, just my suggestion for consideration.

Let us know what you learn, we all benefit from sharing experience, and sharing good experience is also helpful, and uplifting.