Respiratory Disorders Community
Pleurisy Issue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Pleurisy Issue

I had Pleurisy Just after christmas had pain in my chest for over a month got rid of pain in chest now it is back again all that came back on my X-ray was that i have scarring on my left lung what should i do
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pleura, the lining of the chest cavity and lungs can get inflamed causing pain and is referred to as pleurisy. This can happen with infections like tuberculosis or pneumonia. It can also occur with other conditions like trauma to the chest or pulmonary embolism. Therapy lies in treating the underlying cause. With your symptoms it is likely that the inflammation is taking time to resolve. Take OTC naproxen for relief from pain.

If it persists consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.