Respiratory Disorders Community
Pleurisy and pleural effusion after pneumonia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Hi I have been suffering from GAD for years, recently diagnosed with pneumonia pleurisy and a pleural effusion on the right lower lobe...I have an appt with a Pulmonary specialist today...I must admit  I am terrified!  which is not unusual for me due to my panic and anxiety issues...I am also terrified of going into the hospital...the last chest xray shows that the pneumonia is gone...still coughing and have the pleurisy and pleural effusion in my right lung...I also feel a rubbing sensation at night when I lay on that right side....I guess I want to know what I should expect and if there is any possibility this is going to resolve on its own....