Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Pneumonia: What is the Time of complete recovery?

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

My age is 25. I got boold with my sputum. Doctors diagnosed is as  Pneumonia and i was in hospital from 20 to 28 th of November this year. But the climate is very cold so the symptoms are still pursuits. My sputum is mango yellow in color and sometimes rust in color for sometime every day. I am still getting sputum with caugh and sometimes throat irritation since last 1 week (from 11th december). But blood with sputum is completely stoped. Today doctors took X-Ray, culture test of sputum, AFB tests, blood test and 2D echo test of heart. And told i am improved and normal.

My questions are

(1) why still sputum is yellow in color after 28 days also (28 days over from the day when i started antibiotics). Why still sputum is coming with caugh. How long these symtoms pursuit.

(2) Is this 25 the age to get all this trobles.

(3) How can i take precautions hereafter.

(4) Suggest some balanced food.

Thank you in advance
Anyone, of any age, can get pneumonia.  It may take a long time for the pneumonia to go away completely, but there should be ongoing improvement, even if it is slow.  If the pneumonia does not completely go away or the pneumonia comes back you may have some other lung problem or an immune problem.  As long as you do not have a lung or an immune problem, then you should have no more trouble with pneumonia.  Also you would not need to take any special precautions.
I'm 63 and found I had pneumonia 30 days ago.
I went through the 10 day Augmentin antibiotic treatment.
I thought I was cured...Wrong.
I feel as bad now as I did when I "had" the pneumonia.
A general feeling of 'yuk' accompanied by 'ringing' ears.
I feel fair 1 day and for 2 or 3 days I can hardly hold a book.
I didn't have 'bad' coughing or sputum problems but this malaise is killing me.
Asthma Tracker
Asthma Tracker
Allergy Tracker
Allergy Tracker