Respiratory Disorders Community
Pneumonia still hanging about
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to lung and respiratory issues, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds/flu, chronic cough, COPD, lung abscess, nasal polyps, pleurisy, pneumonia, sarcoidosis, and tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pneumonia still hanging about

i have been given 3 days on zithromax as gp thinks i still have an area of infection in my left lung.  i am recovering from mycoplasma pneumonia and am worried that i still have infection, i have had bloods taken today and a sputum sample also with results due in 2 days.  is this a good antibiotic to fight the infection and how long before i feel zithromax working, thanks for your advice
Related Discussions
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If your symptoms are worsening with the antibiotic then the infecting organism may not be susceptible to the antibiotic. Have a culture and sensitivity test done to find out the correct antibiotic that the infecting organism is sensitive to and taking this medication for the required amount of days may help to clear infection. In the meantime take OTC acetaminophen for the temperature, try to take warm oral fluids and do steam inhalations prior to your meals. This helps to loosen up and bring out the secretions.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Respiratory Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank