Respiratory Disorders Expert Forum
Polyps on the voice box
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding lung and respiratory issues. such as: Allergies, Asthma, Bronchitis, Colds - Flu, Chronic Cough, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, Emphysema, Fibrosis, Lung Abscess, Nasal Polyps, Pleurisy, Pneumonia, Sarcoidosis, Sinusitis, Tuberculosis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Polyps on the voice box

I have constant drainage down the back of my throat, ever since I had Rhinoplasty.  I have also developed polyps on my voice box and almost lost my voice 6 months after surgery.  I have had surgery and got the polyps removed, but he said if we can't control the drainage, they will come right back.  I get tired all the time and have all sorts of medications and nose sprays, but I don't like to use them because they make me more tired.  
I am beginning to think it might be processed food.   I began a diet with only eating "processed foods".  The diet works, but is might also be affecting my drainage and health?  This whole world is consummed with so "processed food" choices!!
Any other ideas on my drainage?  I have been to an ENT, they did tests, sent me to an allergist, (all came back normal),but they keep giving me more medicine.
Lex From Tex
Related Discussions
248663_tn?1198086695
Foods are unlikely to be causing the constant drainage but you might want to try avoidance of processed foods for a while.  You should ask your ENT to re-examine your nose and throat to identify the source of your 'constant drainage'.  Also to make sure that the drainage is not a sign of infection.  You may need a CT scan of your nose and sinuses.  Finally, nasal washes may be helpful to reduce the drainage by removing the mucus from the nose and sinuses.  Please read our nasal wash treatment information at http://www.nationaljewish.org/disease-info/treatments/alt-ther/nasal-wash.aspx to learn more about this technique.  Share this information with your doctor to see if you would benefit from this daily treatment.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, polyps on voice box was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
242587_tn?1355427710
David Tinkelman, M.D.Blank
National Jewish Health
Denver, CO
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Asthma Tracker